27 May 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

I guess this will be a not so Wordless Wednesday. I know I haven't been doing all of my regular posts lately. As usual it's called life, but I'm still having fun some where in there.

This weekend we went out to my parents house (only about fifteen minutes from home :-) ) to camp. They live just a tad closer to the hills then we do and have five acres of which a couple of those acres are heavily treed. It still felt like camping, especially when the temperatures dipped low enough for us to still freeze our butts off that night. My brother and his two children were there so we had lots of fun. The kids really enjoyed a whole two days playing with their cousins. Of course the best part is always when Grandma brings out the Reese's Peanut Butter cups, marshmallows and Graham crackers to make her version of smores over the big camp fire!

Unfortunately I don't have pictures to share since my camera decided to take a dirt nap. It's been going out for the last couple months, but it finally gave up. I need to buy another camera, but I can't afford it right now. So it's just another thing on my list of wants that will have to wait for a while.

Then before we left for the weekend I got started on my annual photo restoration. I learned from a good friend that I worked with at a photography studio how to do really good photo restoration using Adobe Photoshop. Well every year I down load there newest and latest version to use to retouch my photos. Photoshop is just one more thing on my list of wants. I just can't afford $300 for a software program. So I've been looking for a while on ebay to see if I can get my hands on an old version that would cost a lot less, but you know how that goes. First it starts out around $20 and before it's over the bid is well over $100 and I'm out of the game. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be able to get one some day. In the mean time I keep using their free 30 trials to do what I need to do to the few photos I need to fix. So I've been spending time on that.

I've also been working a lot of overtime and I've been so exhausted that my mind just isn't in gear the last couple weeks. So the photo retouching is something I can do that doesn't take a lot of thought process. It's amazing. They've laid off so many people at work that those of us still there are killing ourselves with lots of overtime just to try and get everything out on time. Arggggg!

Well here are some samples of the retouching I've been having fun with. The first photo is of my Great Grandmother Lillie Lutitia Hoard Hayes on the right and a friend of hers Maydian Balentine. I don't know anything about Maydian. Her name was just on the back of the photo.






This photo is of my mother and her twin sister with their dog Cocoa. As you can see from the photo this was taken in Apr 1960.

Then when me brain is fully fried and I can't think for nothing there is always a good game to play. Which I think I will now do for the rest of the morning until enough of the coffee kicks in for me to do my house cleaning.

No comments:

Followers

Twitter Followers

BlogCatalog